Students who wish to apply for a transfer to Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK) must have the right to study in a Finnish University of Applied Sciences and they should be progressing in their studies according to their study plan.
A transfer student is a student whose study right is transferred either to different degree programme or from different higher education institution.
See Studyinfo to read general instructions: What is transfer application?
Admissions criteria at KAMK
You can apply for a transfer, if you have a study right in a degree programme in a Finnish higher education institution
- You have completed studies at least worth of 22 ECTS per semester or 45 ECTS per academic year (excluding accredited studies)
- You have been a present student at least one academic year.
- You have a realistic possibility to graduate during the standard study
time. Study right does not start from the beginning or be extended after
• Officially signed and stamped certificate of enrollment containing attendance record
• Officially signed and stamped transcript of records and a list of ongoing courses (personal study plan)
• If necessary, a document verifying exemption from tuition fee payment
Save the documents online to your application.
The selection is possible only when
• You meet the transfer admissions criteria
• There are study places in the study group you're applying to
• Your previous studies can be included to the degree at KAMK
• Your remaining study right is enough to complete the degree at KAMK
The applications are submitted on Study Info during the application period (taking place twice a year).
Application periods 2022
2 - 15 May (studies starting in autumn)
1 - 15 November (studies starting in spring)
Results published latest by:
30 June (studies starting in autumn)
15 December (studies starting in autumn)
Accepting the study place latest by:
31 July 3 pm Finnish local time (studies starting in autumn)
31 December 3 pm Finnish local time (studies starting in spring)
The amount of the tuition fee in KAMK is 6000 euros per academic year for Bachelor's Degree students and 10 000 euros for Master's Degree students. There are no tuition fee for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students. The credits completed at the previous university of applied sciences are considered when checking eligibility for the scholarship at KAMK for Bachelor's degree students.
Bachelor's degree students must accomplish a minimum of 55 credits per academic year to apply for a scholarship that provides a discount of 3000 euros to the tuition fee from their second year onward.
For Bachelor's degree students, it is also possible to apply for a scholarship based on a Finnish language level test completed during the academic year. The accepted test is the National certificate of language proficiency (YKI), intermediate level or higher. The scholarship is worth 3000 euros and it is directly used to reduce the tuition fee.
Further information about KAMK tuition fee and scholarship policy please see our website Tuition fee and scholarships at KAMK