KAMK offers a wide selection of English-taught degrees that provide valuable core knowledge, hands-on experience and networking opportunities in your future industry.
Students can complete studies through KAMK Pathway program. Pathway studies are taught in English and require physical attendance in Kajaani. The studies will start in autumn 2024 and the application period is 31 July - 7 August 2024. The admission decision to pathway studies is done based on interview. The extent of Bachelor's pathway studies is approximately 60 credits, which corresponds to one academic year of study. Pathway studies for academic year 2024-2025 cost 250 euros. KAMK offers pathway studies for free for people who have fled the war from Ukraine for humanitarian reasons.
Note: pathway students are not entitled to student financial aid such as study grants from KELA.
The offered courses are based on KAMK degrees’ curricula and can be accredited towards a degree later. Studies are taught face-to-face and as full-time studies. Pathway studies help you to prepare for higher education studies and reach the skill level needed for admission. Upon successful completion of the pathway studies, international students can apply to enter for degree studies at KAMK.
The offered Pathway Studies will be published later in April 2024.
How to apply for Pathway Studies
Application period for Pathway studies starting in autumn 2024 takes place on 31 July - 7 August 2024. Application period for Pathway studies starting in spring 2025 takes place in November-December 2024. The application form opens on Wednesday 31 July 2024.
- applications will be handled after the application period has started, not any sooner!
- for applicants there will be an interview or an alternative entrance exam. The interview will determine the motivation and readiness to study as well as the prerequisites for completing the studies.
- if there are more eligible applicants than places available, pathway students may be selected by drawing lots from among the eligible applicants after the application deadline.
- applicants whose language of education is not Finnish, are required to submit a certificate of language proficiency when applying for Finnish-language pathway studies.
- field specific information regarding the start of your studies, please see our website.
- KAMK reserves the right to decide on the selection of students and to select the most qualified applicants for the pathway on the basis of applications and interviews