Information about Coronavirus
Website created on 03/20, last update 25.2.2022 (Teaching arrangement after 14th February)
Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK) is actively following the development of the coronavirus situation. In our operations, we follow the recommendations and instructions of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional State Administrative Agencies (AVI) and other authorities. Please follow the latest and updated information given by the Finnish officials regularly .
As the epidemic changes, the guidelines may need to be changed quickly. New instructions are always notified by e-mail.
Teaching arrangement after 14th February
The following guidelines for teaching are valid from February 14 2022.
- 14th February we will open all campus services such as sport halls and gyms for normal use.
- Full-time groups that started in 2021 and 2022 will continue in contact teaching.
- Full-time groups that started before 2021 will return to contact teaching after the independent study period (March 7th -13th).
- Part-time groups that started in 2021 and 2022 will continue the current practice for contact teaching days.
- Part-time groups that started before 2021 will return to contact teaching on 13th March.
- Global Business Management -program continues distant mode and contact teaching is to be started 4th April, depending on granting visas to arrive to Finland.
- In all other Master School studies, all studies are organized remotely.
Instructions for studying and working on campus
There is a strong recommendation of using protection gears. A visor or mask should be worn when moving on campus. Study, exercise and work facilities are available by using protective gears.
There are automatic hand disinfection machines on campus. In classrooms where common equipment are used (keyboards, exercise or teaching equipment), disinfection cloths are used to clean the equipment before and after use.
Come to campus only if you are healthy. Do not hesitate to have a test for Covid-19. If you have been quarantined, follow Kainuu Sote's general instructions at https://sote.kainuu.fi/en/covid-19 If the exposure occurs in a family circle or if you are quarantined, follow the quarantine instructions. Otherwise, the exposed person can participate contact lessons by using a mask.
If you are feeling any kind of symptoms of Covid-19 and suspect infection, COVID test needs to be booked immediately by calling +358 40 165 0020. Test is taken in Kajaani, in Central Hospital (drive in test) and you will receive the test result by SMS. Testing is free of charge (in arrival test or acute illness). Avoid all social contacts while waiting for your test / test results.
KAMK's services for students
You can visit the study office Tue-Wed from 10 am to 2 pm. At other times, the study office is available by phone and email. Also Visits to the study office can be agreed separately on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative services operate remotely, as they have so far.
The KamIT service point serves normally on weekdays (8.30 - 11.00 and 12.00 - 15.00), transactions at the service point one customer at a time.
Library is open normally.