Course -Start your career in Kainuu
welcome to the new course ”Starting your career in Kainuu”. The aim of this course is to provide knowledge and tools to you to enter the job market in Kainuu. You will be able to evaluate yourselves and take the first steps to your own career paths.
The first session of this career guidance course is on 12.02.2020. 16:30-18:00. It consists in total of 7 sessions taking place once every week.
The following sessions will be held:
- 12.02.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Employment market Kainuu and Finnish work culture
- 19.02.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Self-evaluation: Find your strengths
- 26.02.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Labor-unions, practical information about Finnish work places + The job hunting process
- 11.03.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Improving your application documents + What can I expect in a job interview?
- 18.03.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Job interview training
- 26.03.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Entrepreneurship Part I: Practical steps into your own business in Kainuu
- 01.04.2020, 16:30 – 18:00 Entrepreneurship Part II: Meet young local entrepreneurs + Work related residents permits
There are going to be guest lectures from companies and associations providing insider information.
The course is a free choice course with an allocated 1 credit. There is no grade, but only an evaluation between passed or failed according to the attendance and active participation. The course is part of the project Talent for Kainuu.
Please register to the course until 31.01.2020 by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to participate in the course as a whole, but as a guest visitor for specific topics, it is possible too. Please register for the session that you would like to attend.