Home / en / Internationality / Exchange students / Arrival and Living in Finland

Arriving in Finland

When you come to Finland to start your studies at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK). From these pages you can find information on the practical matters related to your stay in Kajaani. 

Please note:

You need a valid passport before leaving your home country unless you are a citizen of a Nordic country, EU country (with the exception of Greece), Switzerland, Liechtenstein or San Marino. However you do need a valid identity card to prove your identity. Note please, if you wish to travel to Russia during your exchange period, a valid passport is needed. 

A residence permit
may also be required depending on the length of your stay and your nationality. If your stay in Finland is to last less than 3 months you do not need to apply for a visa or a residence permit before arriving in the country if you are a citizen of an EEA country (European Economic Area - all EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway). There are no limitations for those who are citizens of the Nordic countries. If you are a Nordic country citizen you can work and study in Finland without a visa, residence permit and work permit. 

Students coming from countries other than the Nordic countries are entitled to use public health care services in acute cases of illness or accidents requiring medical attendance by using the European Health Insurance Card. This is required also when using the student health centre services. A travel insurance is also recommended.

Read more 

Guide for International Students

KAMK Applicant