Students who wish to apply for a transfer to Kajaani University of Applied Sciences must have the right to study in a Finnish University of Applied Sciences and they should be progressing in their studies according to their study plan.
A transfer student is a student whose study right is transferred either to different degree programme or different higher education institution.
See Studyinfo to read general instructions: What is transfer application?
Admissions criteria at KAMK:
• You can apply for a transfer, if you have a study right in a degree programme in a Finnish higher education institution
• You have completed studies at least worth of 22 ECTS per semester or 45 ECTS per academic year (excluding accredited studies)
• Officially signed and stamped certificate of enrolment containing attendance record
• Officially signed and stamped transcript of records and a list of ongoing courses (personal study plan)
• If necessary, a document verifying exemption from tuition fee payment
Save the documets online to your application.
The selection is possible only when
• You meet the transfer admissions criteria
• There are study places in the study group you're applying to
• Your previous studies can be included to the degree at KAMK
• Your remaining study right is enough to complete the degree at KAMK
The applications are submitted on Studyinfo during the application period (taking place twice a year).
The amount of the tuition fee in KAMK is EUR 6,000.00 per academic year. An early bird scholarship is available in the first year for students who accept their study place within two weeks after receiving the letter of acceptance. The scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fee for the first year and will be used directly to reduce the tuition fee. From the second year onward the scholarship rewards students for good progress in their studies. Those who complete a minimum of 55 credits per academic year, may receive a scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee per year. The scholarship will be directly used to reduce the tuition fee.
You are exempted from paying tuition fee if you have one of the documents:
• Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
• EU Blue Card in Finland
• Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
• EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
• Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
• EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU).