PRETASK A: APPLICANT VIDEO
Instructions for the applicant video pretask:
Welcome to start the entrance exam for business studies to our University of Applied Sciences. We would like to know who you are and why you decided to apply to study business. Please read the instructions below carefully and then record your 2-minute video. Wishing you good luck!
- The video must be ready latest by 9.00 Finnish time on Tuesday 14 April
- The maximum length of your video is 2 minutes
- You can record the video using e.g. your laptop camera or your mobile phone
- Make a good plan for your video before you start recording it, and make sure you cover the topics required in the instructions
- You can use your creativity and show something of your personality when telling us who you are and why you want to study business
- Start video by showing your passport or other identification card close to your camera showing your name and date of birth
- In the 2-minute video we expect you to cover the following four topics
- In short, tell us who you are and where you come from.
- Why do you want to study business? Why did you specifically decide to apply to study international business? How do you know that business is the right field of study for you?
- Why did you choose our UAS to study business? What do you know about our business programme?
- Can you give us an example of your team working skills? Your example can be e.g. from school, your hobbies or from work.
Instructions for publishing your video and making it public
- Upload the application video to YouTube or alternatively to a shared network folder (for example Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.).
- Ensure that the video is available to be watched until 15 August 2020.
- You will be asked to submit the link to your online video in the Pretask B during the written exam at 12.00 – 14.00 Finnish time on 14 April.
The evaluation of your video: when assessing your video we will be focusing on
- Your motivation
- The contents of your video
- Your presentation skills
- Your English language skills