How to apply for studies in English?
Applying to programmes conducted in English at Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) takes place through a system of joint application. Online application is available at the website www.studyinfo.fi. An application submitted online is directly received by the admissions office of the University of Applied Sciences (UAS) of your first choice.
The first application period for studies starting in autumn 2019 will take place from 9th to 23rd of January 2019, 3 pm. This application is mainly targeted to applicants from outside Finland as for this round, you can take the entrance exam in different countries abroad. The list of entrance exam countries can be found on the Finnips website.
The second application period for studies starting in autumn 2019 will take place from 20th March to 3rd of April 2019, 3 pm. This application is mainly targeted for applicants living in Finland as for this round, you can take the entrance exam only in Kajaani, Finland.
The third application period for studies starting in autumn 2019 takes place from 16th to 30th of April 2019. This is a separate application period for KAMK. In this application, the entrance exams will be arranged online. The online application is available in www.studyinfo.fi as for the other application rounds.
1. Get familiar with the study programmes.
2. When the application period is open, choose up to 6 study programmes that you wish to apply by clicking “Fill in application form” or “Apply” on Studyinfo.fi Remember to set the study options in order of preference, so that the option you prefer most is first on the application.
3. Submit the application and print a copy of the application form for yourself for future reference. A confirmation that the application form has been received will be sent to your e-mail.
4. Application documents must be delivered enclosed to the online application at Studyinfo.fi. Your application will be evaluated once you submit the necessary supporting documentation within the deadline.
5. The entrance exams are organized in March in 12 different countries (Application period 9 - 23 January).
All eligible applicants will receive an invitation letter to the entrance examination.
Read and follow the instructions carefully before submitting the application. Especially your full name and email address should be carefully written. You will receive notifications from the Admissions Services via email during the application process, and for example invitations for entrance examinations and acceptance letters will be sent to applicants by e-mail.
Options of Preferences
You can apply for up to six different degree programmes at Finnish universities of applied sciences and universities. You can choose 1–6 different degree programmes on the application form. Choose your most preferred degree programme as your first option, and then choose your second to sixth options when applicable. The order of preference chosen in the application is binding and cannot be altered after the application closes.
If you are not accepted on the programme of your first preference, your points will be checked to see if you can be accepted to your other preferences. If you are accepted on the degree programme of your first preference, you cannot be selected for your other preferences.
The applicant is allowed to submit one application form. If the applicant submits more than one, only the last application form will be taken into consideration.
The first-choice UAS will decide on the applicant’s eligibility to all UAS options in the application. If you would like to make changes to your application please contact your first choice UAS during the application period.
All applicants will receive an email with a link to the admission results after the results have been published. Please note that the message might end up to the junk email folder.
Results of admission are published in mid -May at the earliest.
The study place must be confirmed by the given deadline or the admission will be cancelled.