School of Business
From this page you can find information about the English taught courses in the Bachelor's Degree in International Business.
The International Business studies focus on the following six main competencies:
- International Business Awareness
- Intercultural Adaptability
- International Operations Management
- International Marketing Management
- International Strategic Management
- Organisational Development
Studying at KAMK is practically
oriented. The studies in the International Business include
lectures and seminars to provide the theoretical background for the
subjects, but also a lot of group work, project work and presentations
to apply the theory into practise. The students will participate in
real-life business projects. In addition to the contact teaching, also a variety of online courses
is offered for the exchange students in Business. This gives flexibility
for students to plan their own timetables.
For exchange students, we offer a beginner's course in Finnish: Finnish for Exchange Students (3 ECTS). It is highly recommended to study the basics of the local language during your exchange.
For one semester, the recommended amount of credits to choose is 30 ECTS.
The course "Russian Business" includes a study trip to St. Petersburg, Russia. The cost per student is approximately 150 - 200 Euros (+ visa costs). Please note:
- Your passport must be valid at least 6 months after the trip ends
- You will be applying for the visa from Finland as a foreigner to Russia. Further information about the Russian visa: http://www.vfsglobal.com/russia/finland/English/index.html!
- There are different Russian regulations for each nationality which sometimes may prevent you from participating. For example UK and Japanese citizens must prove that they have stayed in Finland for a minimum of 90 days BEFORE applying for the visa when applying from Finland.
- There may also be unforeseen changes in the visa regulations from the Russian side also on short notice.
Besides the Business courses, exchangestudents in Business can also take certain courses from Game Development or Sports and Leisure Management. The courses selected to the course offerings are suitable for Business students and do not have prerequisites of the study field in question. The studies of Game Business or Sports and Leisure Management give the possibility to broaden the knowledge of different business areas. Please note that there is a limited amount of places for Business students in the Game and Sports courses.
1 Finnish credit (cr) is equal to 1 ECTS credit. This equals to approx. 27 hours of a student's work. The lists of courses offered for each academic year is available by the end of May yearly. Please note that there might be changes in the timing and courses offered also later. Also note that if you choose courses from different years and schools, the courses may overlap and therefore the final confirmation of the Learning Agreement can be done only in the beginning of the exchange semester.