Home>Applying>Applying for Studies Taught in English>Tuition Fee and Scholarships
The tuition fee for non-EU/EEA citizens at KAMK is 6000 euros per academic year (both Bachelor's degrees and Master's degrees). There is no tuition fee for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students. The payment is done at the same time when accepted student confirms his/her study place at KAMK.
In addition to the tuition fee, the students must pay for their study materials and for their own living costs. The average monthly living expenses for a student living in Finland are approximately 700 – 900 euros. This may vary depending on personal circumstances. When applying for a residence permit in Finland, non-EU/EEA nationals need to demonstrate that they have at least 560 euros per month at their disposal – in addition to the tuition fee.
The students will be able to apply for a scholarship of 3000 euros / academic year from their second year onwards, provided that they accomplish a minimum of 55 credits per academic year on Bachelor level or 45 credits on Master level. The scholarships are allocated by application only.
The scholarship is directly used to reduce the tuition fee. The scholarship applies only to the tuition-fee paying students.
When studying at KAMK, all the degree students are entitled to the following:
- A highly valued education and degree which consists of high quality learning processes, versatile teaching methods and studies combining theory with practice
- A 4-day orientation programme at the beginning of the studies to make your start as smooth as possible
- Student tutors who welcome new students on arrival and help with practical matters.
- Library services and an extensive collection of e-materials to support your studies. The students rarely need to buy books. The course books can be borrowed from the library for free and other materials are available online in most cases.
- Modern learning environments and technologies such as virtual reality and game design labs, 3D printers, simulation labs, robotics and smart gym where a digitalized environment and games are utilized to boost training.
- Guidance and support from a large team of different experts such as tutor teacher, study counsellor, international coordinator, practical training coordinator, thesis coordinator, student welfare officer, study psychologist and nurse – all there to support our students' wellbeing!
- Student Union activities organized for KAMK students (including outdoor recreation days, social gatherings, parties, etc.)
- The Friend family programme offers our international students the chance to get to know Finnish culture and language better with local families.
- Study trips and company visits (the costs are covered in most cases)
- Great opportunities to study abroad as exchange students in one of the KAMK partner universities. Financial support is available for exchange periods.
- Our double degree in Tourism and International Business programmes means that by completing a part of your studies in our double degree partner university in Germany, you will gain two Bachelor’s degrees, one from KAMK and the other from Germany, when you graduate. An Erasmus grant is also available for the double degree exchange period.
- To gain a wide network of working life contacts.
- Support and mentoring for developing business ideas and start-ups. The students can test their own business concepts in the KAMK cooperative business. In 2016, a start-up company established by a group of KAMK students was chosen as the best NY Start Up Company of Finland in the national final competition and represented Finland in the European Championships.
The study right for KAMK degree programmes gives access to the following services with affordable prices:
- Student lunch at KAMK € 2.60
- Student accommodation in shared apartments costs approximately 325 euros per month.
- When you join the student union you will receive a card proving your membership and student status which gives you access to local and national student discounts and benefits, such as public transportation, many sports and cultural services, some shops, etc.
- KAMK Sports Services offer students access to KAMK sports facilities as gyms and sports halls for independent use and to instructed group fitness lessons.
- Student health care services by doctors and other specialists have separate fees, but an appointment with the nurse is free of charge.
The tuition fee does not apply to persons who are citizens of EU countries, in the EEA, or persons who are treated as EU citizens by agreement by the EU, or the family members of such persons. See more detailed information at studyinfo.fi
Additionally, KAMK provides tuition fee paying students with a Welcome Kit to make the start more comfortable.
The kit contains:
- Some everyday items like basic kitchen dishes, bed linen, pillow, blanket.
- Membership of Student Union KAMO for the full period of studies.
- Student card which gives you access to local and national student discounts and benefits, such as public transportation, many sports and cultural services, some shops, etc. during the studies.
- Subscription to KAMK Sports Services (independent use of gyms and sports facilities on campus as well as participation in instructed group fitness lessons) for the full study period.